ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Game Suggestions for next LAN :)

Post by ragemoar »

Bonjour!

I would like to propose a few suggestions for the next LAN for the tournaments;

For 1 Vs 1 : Call of Duty 2
Very cheap game found here on amazon after a quick search for around £6 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Game- ... +of+duty+2 a good FPS a would make a suitable game for the 1 Vs 1 tourney based in the WWII era.

Day of Defeat / Day of Defeat : Source
another very cheap game also based within the WWII era found on steam for the original £3 or source for £6 every has their preferences, could get a vote going see which one they would prefer. Another quality team play game think it would be alot of fun.

Ruse
I noticed there are not alot of RTS games in the tournaments might be nice to mix things up this is incredibly cheap at only £2.40 found on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-R-U-S- ... words=ruse a fairly straight forward game and could results in some epic fights.

Just a few games off the top of my head, lemme know what you think. :)

Peace.
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
Joosebug
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Game Suggestions for next LAN :)

Post by Joosebug »

CoD2 instantly gets my vote, added it to my games list just before leaving LAN actually xD

R.U.S.E is a very nice game which is definately different and very fun and engaging. plus no one has an advantage in that game so ++ good strategy based RTS game.

Can I add a suggestion myself?

Trackmaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaa
ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Post by ragemoar »

yeah spoke to a few people before leaving LL19 and seems CoD2 might be quite popular. By all means post some suggestions :)
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

RUSE probably won't be an option as it does not appear to have LAN support (what I have found so far). as for Trackmania - see my post for LlamaLAN 19 feedback for my opinion on that...
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Reggie
Cria
Cria

Post by Reggie »

Hello

I suggest any game which can involve a greater number of people in the team as these are far more fun than the 1 v 1s there is a greater feel of involvement with the bigger teams.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive ( Deathmatch / Aim / 5 v 5s )
Quake 3 Instagib CTF
Day of defeat
Alien swam was awesome also. ( Perhaps have 2 teams per coloured team enter so everyone can play at same time. This game can take a huge amount of time and with 2 teams per colour will reduce the amount of time people spend waiting around for this game to finish. )

Ill add more later :D
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

Hi Reggie, the problem we have had in the past is getting enough players on all teams to be able to have the larger numbers.

Alien Swarm for example, we did discuss having two 4 man squads getting times, but not all four teams could field that, so it would leave the other teams with an unfair advantage :)

5v5 is sometimes possible, but it does depend on who is willing to play, again something we have faced in the past is that people on the big teams are not willing to play the games (not such a big issue recently tbh though).

keep the suggestions coming, always happy to get feedback :D
chrisakira
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by chrisakira »

tbh i'd love to see warsow 4v4 ctf come back. that has possibly been one of my best tourney games (that yellow v green at LL17 with the 60 minute sudden death was amazing and sooooooooo intense) i have no idea how it'd fit with the theme, but would deffo be an awesome game to make a return.

other than that, i have no theme fitting suggestions. i never really played the older CoD's, or at least not enough to remember them. so i shall keep other suggestions to myself =P
http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-ChrisAkira/

Check out the Game Fan Shop for awesome deals on great games, and help support my http://www.twitch.tv/chrisakira channel =D
Reggie
Cria
Cria

Post by Reggie »

Kanonfodda wrote:Hi Reggie, the problem we have had in the past is getting enough players on all teams to be able to have the larger numbers.

Alien Swarm for example, we did discuss having two 4 man squads getting times, but not all four teams could field that, so it would leave the other teams with an unfair advantage :)

5v5 is sometimes possible, but it does depend on who is willing to play, again something we have faced in the past is that people on the big teams are not willing to play the games (not such a big issue recently tbh though).

keep the suggestions coming, always happy to get feedback :D
Yeah rather true actually getting enough people together :) Maybe perhaps some 2 v 2s or even 3 v 3s then :) haha I just prefer working as a team rather than a single player but yeah even so really enjoyed LlamaLAN 19.

Ill try and get more involved at 20 :) didnt get to talk to too many people as didnt know anyone.
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

chrisakira wrote:tbh i'd love to see warsow 4v4 ctf come back. that has possibly been one of my best tourney games (that yellow v green at LL17 with the 60 minute sudden death was amazing and sooooooooo intense) i have no idea how it'd fit with the theme, but would deffo be an awesome game to make a return.

other than that, i have no theme fitting suggestions. i never really played the older CoD's, or at least not enough to remember them. so i shall keep other suggestions to myself =P
Dude, I remember the older CoDs.
DOES THAT MAKE ME OLDER THAN YOU?!!?!? XDD
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Ooooh I've been waiting for this sort of post :D

How about Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I had a look at it on the Steams and saw that it had a multiplayer option... However I would have to play it to see how it'd work out! Also would like to see Team Fortress 2 return - KOTH was fun. Would we be able to incorporate Mann vs. Machine somehow?

Liking Warsow (not played it but heard very good things about it from past LANs), Alien Swarm, Trackmania, Quake etc :D
Pr1ngles
Cria
Cria

Post by Pr1ngles »

Loving the suggestions! All games suggested I agree on, would like to add Battlefield 1942 to the list :)
Also, what about a raffle? Provides further income for the LAN and more prizes and fun!
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Pr1ngles wrote:Loving the suggestions! All games suggested I agree on, would like to add Battlefield 1942 to the list :)
Also, what about a raffle? Provides further income for the LAN and more prizes and fun!
I like!
Ragnor
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Ragnor »

bf1942 or return to castle wolfenstein would fit the theme nicely imo ;)
7.62 Full Metal jacket
tenwierdufos
Weanling
Weanling

Post by tenwierdufos »

I would rather enjoy some competitive track mania :)
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

tenwierdufos wrote:I would rather enjoy some competitive track mania :)
*slap*