Hmm at top ten games...

15-17th August 2008!
Wufflez
Yearling
Yearling

Hmm at top ten games...

Post by Wufflez »

The games list for LL10 bothers me a bit.

2 are RTS games, the other 8 are ALL FPS games. Gonna be seriously boring if everyone plays FPS games all the time (I'm looking at you D3TH, you CoD4 junky).

We seriously need an RTS tourny or something.
All your strokes are belong to Wuff.
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Re: Hmm at top ten games...

Post by D3TH »

i have C&C genreals, CoH, Warhammer and original age of empires laying around.

I am willing to give anyone a game, but i am really bad, oh and i got red alert 2 aswell!!!!

honestly me and joosebug will be playing some 1on1 RTS .. well ish he is sat next to me at i34 and ll10 so i think we going to kill eachother eventfully.
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

Dragon
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Dragon »

I'm prolly up for attempting some classic c&c of some veriety at some point.. I suck at them, but still good fun, I got the 10'th anniversary set thing cheap a while back, so got em all
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

wouldn't mind a big game of like deathmatch on red alert.. just need to get a big map for it
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Wufflez wrote:The games list for LL10 bothers me a bit.

2 are RTS games, the other 8 are ALL FPS games. Gonna be seriously boring if everyone plays FPS games all the time (I'm looking at you D3TH, you CoD4 junky).

This is what the Games list is for. If you don't like the games in it, the only thing you can do is try and get people to add the games you do want, ask D3TH for pointers ;)

Also, don't add games you don't want to beat your chosen game to your games list :D

/edit: As i said in a previous post, if enough people want a small RTS tourney, then we can set something up ;)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
TheShortOne
Cria
Cria

Post by TheShortOne »

well I would be 100% for some old school cnc classics.

I will warn however that this has been attempted in the past several times at llamas but failed due to the poorness of networking (needing IPX/SPX, can't cope with more then one network card being enabled and requring MAC to be set in game just to name a few) in these games. not saying it cant be done it will just take some persistance.
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

Wufflez wrote:Gonna be seriously boring if everyone plays FPS games all the time (I'm looking at you D3TH, you CoD4 junky).

Surely it's a personal thing. While I like RTS games, I would find participating in a tourny boring. I happen to like FPS games mostly, and wouldn't find it boring if that is all that was played.....infact that is what I was hoping for, lol!

But yea I'm sure theres people who'll gladly play an RTS tourny. Last time it was cool to see people playing OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe). A game I thought only nostalgic people like me play.
meh
Dragon
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Dragon »

Yeah, the old cnc's can be a pain to work networked, but I believe it is doable, if one prepares in advance.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Remember ladies and gentlemen - the official games list does not dictate what you do between official tournies. We only need tournies in games that the majority have asked for, hence the list. ;)