There has to be more peeps with UT3

22nd - 24th February 2008. Be there or be bored!
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

There has to be more peeps with UT3

Post by evilgangsta »

I can't believe there are only three of us with UT3 Come on peeps add it to your profile, it is infinatly better that 2004, back to the quality of gameplay that was achieved in the original UT.

Fingers crossed for UT3 and COD4
Dragon
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: There has to be more peeps with UT3

Post by Dragon »

evilgangsta wrote:I can't believe there are only three of us with UT3 Come on peeps add it to your profile, it is infinatly better that 2004, back to the quality of gameplay that was achieved in the original UT.

Fingers crossed for UT3 and COD4
I've got it.. but suspect it won't run too well on laptop.
Philbert_McPleb
Cria
Cria

Post by Philbert_McPleb »

haven't bothered buying it yet because it won't run on my machine, and i can get the new rig finished yet :(
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Hate to take the thread off topic but - does this mean you're coming Philbert? :D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

That's what the sign up page says ;)

CD
Dezz
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Dezz »

if i take all games off my profile except ut3 and cod4 , that will hopefully then take away some of the extra ratings the other games are getting from me ?

is that crooking the system ?
TF2 looks fun , i will get that and see how it goes.

a game with 5 people and an average rating of 2 , does this beat a game with 10 people and an average rating of 6 ?

cod4 just released patch 1.5 , for games that we play online there is always a chance that the version will increase between game announcement and the lan day , will we always play the latest online version ?

peace out
Dezz
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

The number of people dictates the position in the list.

In the event of a tie (say 10 people per game) then the game with the lowest average order will win.

This mean, of the 10 people, more of them rate the game (it has a lower order in their games list).

so a game with 10 people, would beat a game with only 6, as more people would want to play it.

As for removing all your games, it won't increase the position of games you do want, but it will decrease the position of games you don't.
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

edit: ... and Kanonfodda beats me to the reply again!

If you remove games then you are removing a vote for them and therefore they may drop in the rankings. So in that respect, yes, you are correct. The idea of the games votes is to find out which game is most likely to have the best chance of a 'big game' where as many people at the LAN have it installed and are prepared to play it. With small LANs such as ours we feel it is important to have a few large fun games rather than have a game which only a minority can play, or having the LAN fragment into dozens of games each with only a couple of people playing.

The ranks are generated by the following method, firstly, by votes, the more votes the higher the ranking, on games where there are an identical number of votes the preference position comes into play and so those with a lower average number i.e. those which were ranked, on average, higher in peoples' lists are ranked highest with those games with an identical number of votes.

The games appear in a sorted form, the order you see them in is the order in which they are ranked.

Patches should be as per the page, we will endeavour to check every version number the day before, but work on the idea that if a patch is released in the 48 hours before the event starts that it WILL NOT be used, just in case (as is often the case) it breaks something, we believe that it is better to have an older working patch instead of a newer broken one, one a patch proves it's stability then we'll start using it, usually problems surface in those first 48 hours, that is why we use that as a buffer time.

CD
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Ok ive gone and got me TF2 but still cant believe so few people have UT3 Go get it NOW!!!!!!11111110001
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Nice one evil - and I'll consider checking UT3 out as you asked so nicely. :)
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Good have a cookie
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

i am not a fan of UT, i got UT 2004 just for you guys to play LAN but i won't be gettin 3
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Gah you went and bought a 4 year old game when you could of got the latest silly boy.
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

lol who said i brought it?
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

Dezz
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Dezz »

nice one d3th , i think you will do well at our table :-)

thanks for the replies guys.

i too are tf2 enabled.

laterz