LlamaLAN - t-shirts

Seven Deadly Sins. More fun to be had in the 41st Scout hall...

Do you want to keep the commemorative t-shirts?

Yes! Of course! they are are a tradition that must be upheld
50%
Yes! Of course! they are are a tradition that must be upheld
50%
No! I wouldn't buy one at that price
No votes
No! I wouldn't buy one at that price
No votes
No! But I would consider getting a 'generic' t-shirt
No votes
No! But I would consider getting a 'generic' t-shirt
No votes

Total votes: 30

CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

LlamaLAN - t-shirts

Post by CyberDrac »

We feel that the black t-shirts from last event are of a nicer quality and certainly a nicer colour than previous events, so much so that we are loathe to return to the white shirts, however we feel that the technique which was used to apply the transfers left the shirts feeling a little 'rigid'. Whilst this showed of Golem's fabulous artwork at it's very best, we feel that in the future comfort should be our over-riding concern. Unfortunately comfort comes at a price ...

In our investigations we have encountered two 'printing' technologies which we feel would give better more 'flexible' results. The first is vinyl transfer which would give us a superb result with up to 5 colours for around ?16 - ?18 depending on the design. The second is screen printing which for a single colour could cost ?12 up to ?16 for 5 colours.

So what do you think, would you consider paying up to ?16 or ?17 for a limited edition t-shirt with the artwork of Mr. Matt Ainge Esq. aka Golem or have we come to the end of the commemorative t-shirt design?

I personally love the idea of the commemorative t-shirts and would love to see them continue, but there is no point unless there are enough people attending LlamaLAN 7 attending who agree with me.

Another alternative which I would prefer not to fall back on would be a 'generic' LlamaLAN shirt with no indication of which event it was acquired at with a simple LlamaLAN 7 logo. This would almost certainly cost the same or similar to the t-shirts listed above but could be worn to multiple events since it is not linked to a single event.

So, let me know what you think, I think you can guess where I stand, but let your voices be heard so that you can have your say in this matter.

CD
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

well its a good way away yet so i shouldnt see a prob getting the funds togeher by then so i say gimme :D

and yeah the only thing i didnt like about the last one was the feeling that i was wearing paper on my chest and the rustling when you moved lol
<center>=|MAD|=/-(aaK)- Clan manager

Image</center>
mr_roll
FYA-LAN

Post by mr_roll »

I think that as time goes by the Tshirts may get cheaper as you put more orders via what ever company to do them so I think its a good idea, and its only a T shirt 4 times a year so its not that bad
http://www.enamorgaming.co.uk <-> News Reporter
http://www.fya-lan.co.uk <-> Newcastle LAN Party - Owner
Ragnor
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Ragnor »

I would go with the cheaper option, not like I wear them at any other time except the lan apart from washing the car :D
7.62 Full Metal jacket
Pru
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Pru »

i wear mine all the time :P
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Glad to hear that you're getting plenty of wear out of it. Hopefully you'll get the same out of these new ones. It looks like the screen printing method is the one to go for, single colour at the moment (around ?12ish) unless we find that a second colour radically improves it's appearance (?13ish) and barring any additional expenses like P&P

CD
mr_roll
FYA-LAN

Post by mr_roll »

What about patches that could be sowen (spelling?) onto a master t-shirt, surley they'd be cheaper and less bulky to carry as well as Kanonfodda could teach us how to sow. Although you'd have to have the disclaimer about needles pricking little fingers.
http://www.enamorgaming.co.uk <-> News Reporter
http://www.fya-lan.co.uk <-> Newcastle LAN Party - Owner
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

mr_roll wrote:What about patches that could be sowen (spelling?) onto a master t-shirt, surley they'd be cheaper and less bulky to carry as well as Kanonfodda could teach us how to sow. Although you'd have to have the disclaimer about needles pricking little fingers.
Worth considering for the future, it may be worth looking in to. Nice idea.

CD
OdiN
Cria
Cria

Post by OdiN »

Just thinking, if these patches or even embroidered into the tshirt can be done. Why not have them customized for each gamer to have their name in it? Would save having to make all those neck worn badges etc?
BlackVelvet
Weanling
Weanling

Post by BlackVelvet »

now that is a nice idea
<center>=|MAD|=/-(aaK)- Clan manager

Image</center>
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

OK, well we had TEN positive replies to the poll so, why not visit the shop and get your orders in.

In case you didn't get the mailer we have ...

Commemorative LlamaLAN 7 T-Shirts (in mens and ladies cuts)
[single colour screen printed white on black with exclusive artwork]

LlamaLAN Polo Shirts
[embroidered LlamaLAN logo and your name across the shoulders]

LlamaLAN Fleeces
[embroidered LlamaLAN logo]

... hopefully there will be something that takes your fancy.

Orders need to be in before WEDNESDAY 16th of MAY, if you haven't paid by then then you will be disappointed :(

CD
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

OK ... I admit it ... I can't read ... there have been FIFTEEN votes cast saying that they want the t-shirts to be produced, but so far we only have FOUR orders (and two of those are for me) ... so get over to the SHOP, and sign up and pre-order your t-shirts, we want to continue the tradition and the only way it will happen is if people buy the shirts.

CD
Kryton
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kryton »

Already paid for mine :D
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

In case anyone has missed out on the many mailers I have posted over the last few weeks here's a little reminder that today is you last chance to place an order at the LlamaLAN shop for your promotional LlamaLAN 7 t-shirts. Also available are non-event specific items such as the polo shirts with embroidered logo and your name across the back, or fleeces also embroidered (but no name).

So pop over to the shop this afternoon and get your orders in (order get sent to the supplier tomorrow)

http://www.llamalan.co.uk/shop

Get 'em while they're still there!

CD