Gaming Server

ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Gaming Server

Post by ragemoar »

Bonjour,

I'm thinking about investing into a game server and since TF2 was quite popular at LAN this came to the top of my head, I'm just wondering how popular it would be. It could also be a way for people to play with each other outside of LAN, the server can also be swapped to DOD/DODsource/CS/CS:S/CS:CZ and the original TF, what do you lot think?

p.s sorry if this is the second thread couldn't see the first one assumed it didn't post. :)
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
Reggie
Cria
Cria

Re: Gaming Server

Post by Reggie »

There are plenty of companys out there doing this service i highly recommend RTL-Servers...They are hosted in a data centre in sittingbourne :) and are highly recommended by alot of top gaming organisations.

You can get servers for as little as £7.50 a month.

If you want I can probably get my brother to host you a TF2 server for free? On his box? He is already running me a CS:GO server on there.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

I'm more than happy to host small servers here (upto 8 players) I don't think the connection would be able to handle anymore than that.

Equally, I'm happy for you to use the LlamaLAN community to populate the server :) I may even get chance to play on it myself now and again! :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Reggie
Cria
Cria

Post by Reggie »

Kanonfodda wrote:I'm more than happy to host small servers here (upto 8 players) I don't think the connection would be able to handle anymore than that.

Equally, I'm happy for you to use the LlamaLAN community to populate the server :) I may even get chance to play on it myself now and again! :D

What connection you running on matey?
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

60Mb Virgin connection
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Post by ragemoar »

Thanks for the suggestion reggie, just sent them an email to get a quote on their tf2 servers as i couldn't see any on there at the moment. first site i went to multiplay were offering 32 slots for £16 which isnt too shabby so just trying to see what else is out there :) im hoping we can get some regulars of the llamalan community on there often could be a right laugh :)
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
Reggie
Cria
Cria

Post by Reggie »

Ahh i see not ideal for a gaming server then really :(
For years ive been waiting to do so but never had the connection.

I think Fibre is gonna change things with that though with its low latency.

My friend had his fibre line gaming optimized and he is getting 4-8ms which is pretty much LAN speed.

Virgin sees approx 30-40ms which sucks in the grand scheme of things.

Ill ask my brother about setting up a couple of LLamaLAN servers on his box. Its hosted in Telehouse London.