Can I bring

October 28th - 30th 2011
sparton
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Can I bring

Post by sparton »

...my second monitor to lan next week? (Oh my god!)

I have a dell248 and a lil 17inch dell I use as a 2nd monitor dumping ground.

Please don't make me suffer with one monitor for 3 days lol. It kills me :D
I'm on everythaang.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: Can I bring

Post by CyberDrac »

Short answer ... no

Longer answer ... still no, but an explanation ... we currently run the whole of LlamaLAN from something like six double sockets, spread unevenly over three ring mains each fused at I believe 20A, we would love to say yes, however the reason why we cap the at 40 is because, if we try anything more than that we would, and have burn out the fuses, and they aren't modern 'flick the switch' easy to fix fuses, they are older 'string a piece of a fuse wire' type fuses which require us usually to get someone in from outside to resolve it. Simply having one person with a CRT in one team has caused us issues. We have current monitors on each of the feeds to ensure that we don't get close to our limit, and so we are taking every precaution we can to ensure that service isn't interrupted. The other issue is desk space, you would likely be encroaching on your neighbour's space ... of course if you you want to buy up an empty seat next to you then you can use up the power allocation for that ticket for yourself and spread yourself out! :D
[KTFO]i-LiMiT-i
Yearling
Yearling

Post by [KTFO]i-LiMiT-i »

hmm, my keyboard runs off a plug, but i have an extension lead for all my shiz, with a surge protector :P So i have 3 plugs in total; monitor, computer, keyboard :) Logitech G19 ftw
sparton
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by sparton »

fair enough, thanks for taking the time to explain.

I would seriously consider purchasing a second ticket next time but would feel guilty if someone wanted a ticket and I'm sittin there with my monitor feet up.

Thanks!
I'm on everythaang.