Hello Llamalan - from raG3!

October 28th - 30th 2011
sparton
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Hello Llamalan - from raG3!

Post by sparton »

Hello all, just thought I would say hi! Me (Dave), gecko, wraith, reb and one other I hope are paying up and coming down to your Llamalan, on the back of a recommendation from TheBrook.

looking forward to some great Lan games :)!

I will have Super Street Fighter 4 installed on my pc, and two xbox controllers if anyone leans that way?

Any tips or helpful advice for our first Llamalan? Can someone shed some light on the 'Sleeping arrangements?' I gather its...floor, pc or car? is there a car park for the building?

Thanks!
I'm on everythaang.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Re: Hello Llamalan - from raG3!

Post by Kanonfodda »

Hi Sparton, welcome to the forums :)

with regard to Street Fighter 4, we might be able to give you access to a projector to use at various times over the course of the LAN, could make life a bit more entertaining for you ;)

sleeping arrangements:

we have two dedicated sleeping areas:

upstairs

and the stage

sleeping by your PC is actually not allowed (see the T&Cs) as this is a health and safety risk (not that anyone ever listens to me).

About the only major drawback we have at our venue is a lack of shower facilites, so bring good strong deodorant ;) We looked at renting showers but it would double the cost of the event unfortunately :(
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

There's also some camping ground space around the venue. :)
sparton
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by sparton »

Super, thanks guys, what a nice welcome lol :P

RE: Camping: Can we just bring a tent, pitch up and away we go? That sounds good to me, I am a light sleeper so the further away I can get from the Lan hall and....other people the better XD

A projector would be amazing, it realy depends if anyone else has any interest in Street Fighter? As a side thought, it would be easy to draw up a little SF4 tournament (especially if a projector is involved), which I would be happy to do myself....it all depends if anyone is interested I supose? Everything is hosted on one machine so no server needed at all.

If possible admin, would you be able to add two games to the list so I can add them to my profile?:
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Halo CE (has LAN)

Thanks again!
I'm on everythaang.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Camping is that simple :) we use a scout hall as our venue, so camping is not new to the site and we have permissions to use the grassed areas for it should we need/want to

I've added the games to the list, so you can add those no problem :)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Reb
Cria
Cria

Post by Reb »

Hey guys

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

See you guys in october
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

I say go introduce yourselves proper in the General / 'New Members' forum if you feel up to it. In the frontlines on a hostile and barren alien environment, I want to know who I'm fighting alongside. 8)
thebrook
Yearling
Yearling

Post by thebrook »

You have me on your side!! Oh..not sure thats the best thing you've heard all day :|