Llama Etiquette

April 15th - 18th 2011
WildW
Cria
Cria

Llama Etiquette

Post by WildW »

So, LL-15 will be my first time gaming with/against you guys. I've read the front page, browsed the forums, and trawled the galleries to figure out what I'm letting myself in for and to try and match a few names to faces. However, for the benefit of myself and other n00bs who haven't had the pleasure before, I still have questions.

i) Is this one of those freaky deals where we all call each other by our screen-names? Nobody has called me Wild in person since the fading memories of my IRC addiciton days some 10 years ago.

ii) Do you guys do the headset + Teamspeak/Ventrillo (i.e. microphone) thing, or do you favour more low-tech options like shouting?

iii) Why are there 7 different forks and which one is for the fish course?

More to follow perhaps, as and when I think of anything else.
Sykodelika
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Re: Llama Etiquette

Post by Sykodelika »

One rule - what happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen (and gets cleaned up by the person that did it!) :P
I'm awake and dressed, what more do you want?
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Sykodelika wrote:One rule - what happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen ...
With the exception of, like, pot noodles and cups of tea? :o

1) We call eachother what we like. I, for example, am often called 'Gonads'. I usually summon Kanonfodda with an incantation of his first name though. ;)
2) Shouting often happens, but so does TS. Often a healthy mix of both by shouting on TS. It really depends on what the team/clan want to do. In previous LANs, KF has arranged TS channels for each big team and clans that want such a thing. I usually get the greenies on voice comms. There's only one LAN-wide comms-related law enforcement. We are great believers in SPEAKER RAGE!!!
3) You're in luck. The LAN is hosted at a Scout Hut. I'm sure there's gotta be a scout badge in Kitchen Servitude, right? We often get raided by scouts and their masters so, during the inevitable fistfight (sigh, again), take the opportunity to ask one of them before you lay them out.
WildW
Cria
Cria

Post by WildW »

Re: TeamSpeak/etc, I guess the question was whether its worth investing in a usable headset. That said I may have one somewhere but I never did get along with it as the stupid flexible mic would never sit still.

As for Speaker-Rage, is it not a normal LAN rule that everyone uses headphones?

oh and

iv) Maybe I'm not good with silhouettes, but the Red Team logo seems to feature a girl-llama doing some hoovering. Is that just my eyes?
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

I see what you mean!

The silhouettes came from this lot from LlamaLAN 9 and persisted since. :)
king_clueless
Weanling
Weanling

Post by king_clueless »

WildW wrote: i) Is this one of those freaky deals where we all call each other by our screen-names? Nobody has called me Wild in person since the fading memories of my IRC addiciton days some 10 years ago.
You don't want to be called Wild? How about WW? Or DoubleW? No good?

I love being called by my screen-name! tho it gets shortened. no not king; CLUELESS! Whoohoo
WildW wrote:ii) Do you guys do the headset + Teamspeak/Ventrillo (i.e. microphone) thing, or do you favour more low-tech options like shouting?
Headset with one ear off so you can hear the guys if they are close by ;)
WildW wrote:iii) Why are there 7 different forks and which one is for the fish course?
If you see anyone eat anything other than Rustlers, Domino Pizza or sweets it'll be a miracle :D
brain damage won't stop me!

Xfire - Steam - Twitter - Neglected blog
WildW
Cria
Cria

Post by WildW »

I can cope with being called Wild, I kind of expect it, it just brings back odd memories too complex to go into right now =P That's the preferred pronunciation anyway.
Pru
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Pru »

If you see anyone eat anything other than Rustlers, Domino Pizza or sweets it'll be a miracle :D
you forgot cake :P
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

I'm fairly sure Pru's cake is what sets this apart from anything else happening in the world.
Ever.

Yeah, just relax and have a good time, is all the advice you need really. Everyone here is lovely~ Super lovely. :)
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

WildW wrote:i) Is this one of those freaky deals where we all call each other by our screen-names?
I should hope so. I would very much enjoy being referred to as "Dr. Festinger/The Doctor/Medic/Festinger/Fest" for a weekend.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Dr. Festinger wrote:
I should hope so. I would very much enjoy being referred to as "Dr. Festinger/The Doctor/Medic/Festinger/Fest" for a weekend.
That's a hell of a call sign but I'll do my best to remember it all accurately... :o
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

king_clueless wrote:I love being called by my screen-name! tho it gets shortened. no not king; CLUELESS! Whoohoo
I'm always amazed at how many people seem to know it, even people you have never met before!!! ;)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Golem wrote:
Dr. Festinger wrote:
That's a hell of a call sign but I'll do my best to remember it all accurately... :o
When push comes to shove, Dr. Festinger'll do XD

It's waaay better than Denise if I do say so myself @__@
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

WildW wrote:i) Is this one of those freaky deals where we all call each other by our screen-names? Nobody has called me Wild in person since the fading memories of my IRC addiciton days some 10 years ago.
Freaky? I consider it par course to call people by their handles/alter egos.

I don't mind either way.
meh
Joosebug
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Joosebug »

i love being called Joose
lol most people do call me Joose, i find if somone calls me bug they did it wrong.
Joosey is pretty awesome 0X

lol but yeah, LlamaLans pretty super awesome :D
w00t :mrgreen: