Games :(

22nd - 24th February 2008. Be there or be bored!
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Games :(

Post by D3TH »

I am generally happy over the games except the fact that i haven't played pretty much any of them :(

but looks like we going to have some fun, i will be sad without COD4 for 3 days
Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11

Lans Planning to Attended = i37, LL12

http://www.chris-mccafferty.info

Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

You don't have to not play it.

XD
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

BUT IT a LAN and not many people play it, i just got off the TRON game, pretty cool

Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

There'll be a good handful of COD4 owners you could jump around with between events m8. You won't miss out. ;) I think CD himself has it.
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

lol great :D

CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Yep, I have it and enjoyed it immensely (I finished the single player on the day of release) ... I'll be up for a game at some point if you can catch me not playing in a 'big game'.

CD
D3TH
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by D3TH »

nice, would be cool i looked at the sticky and i can take part in all the games, i plyed warsow and the tron one, great games actually, i thought this was going to be shit but now i played the games i can't wait :D

Dezz
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Dezz »

i will play cod4 at the drop of a hat ..

i am sure there will be plenty of servers running.
my little dual core 2gig ram pc can host server and four players over internet almost lagg free ..
Fatman
Cria
Cria

Post by Fatman »

[quote="Dezz"
i am sure there will be plenty of servers running.
my little dual core 2gig ram pc can host server and four players over internet almost lagg free ..[/quote]

I think the limiting factor of a dedicated server is the connection speed tbh, you can run many instances of dedicated servers on quite minimal hardware.

If all else fails me and Theshortone/Matt have a dual CPU Athlon MP 2000+ server with 1gb+ ram, and its conveniently located 3 roads away from the scout hut so it can be grabbed at a moments notice.
Merrrr
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

I will also be very interested in playing cod4 on saturday and would be interested in having a lil cod4 tourney while the ut2k4 one is going on if that is ok.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Green team bags playing Combine in every HL2 team deathmatch game. 8)
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

evilgangsta wrote:I will also be very interested in playing cod4 on saturday and would be interested in having a lil cod4 tourney while the ut2k4 one is going on if that is ok.
My only concern would be with it detracting from the numbers who will sign up for the UT2004 tourney, but if you can assure me that you'll make arrangements so that people have a chance to play in both then I can see no objections whatsoever. With this in mind don't forget that it is a 24 hour event and so you have all the time in the world to fit it in around the organised events. Personally I wouldn't mind taking part as long as the timing suited my busy schedule, have you consider having an XBox 360 tourney on the stage instead of a PC tourney, you might get more takers?

CD
evilgangsta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by evilgangsta »

Out of interest how will the tourneys work when numbers on teams are not even for example in TF2 (6/5/6/3)
Meaning we have fairly even teams except yellow who are massively outnumbered and also UT 2k4 is looking like it will only really be Blue vs Green
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Let's make this explicit. :)

The UT2004 double-elimination tournament is 1 v 1. This doesn't involve the team colours at all and sees us pit our individual rocket launching, lightning zapping, goo slapping skills against eachother. The prize for first place is the most valuable prize that Crucial have sent us. This looks like an exciting tournament, and bearing in mind you could win something, I recommend everyone make an effort to take part if at all possible.